Rehabilitation Services | Veterans Services
You served us, now please let us serve you!
Services for Brain Injury (SBI) understands the challenges faced by veterans and their families in accessing the benefits and services critical to successful rehabilitation and community reintegration. We are here to help.
Why are SBI services important to veterans?
SBI treats veterans from all conflicts for all types of brain injuries at any stage of recovery. SBI has a contract with the Veterans Administration Palo Alto Health Care System to provide you with rehabilitation care. We treat veterans with brain injuries with or without PTSD and/or chemical dependencies. Most important, veterans help veterans at SBI — both on staff and clients — and they understand your unique perspective and needs.
SBI's clinical staff is certified, licensed and dedicated to every veteran's individual needs.
We offer the services of the following professionals.
- Clinical Psychologist
- Independent Living Skills Instructor
- Adult Day Program Leader
SERVICES FOR VETERANS AND THEIR FAMILIES
For Veterans, SBI provides the following rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services.
- Contracted with the Veterans Administration Palo Alto Health Care System (VA PAHCS)
- Individual case management in coordination with the VA PAHCS
- Independent Living Skills
- Personal and social adjustment programming
- Individualized employment development
- Vocational Immersion programming
- Counseling services
- Mobility services
- Speech Therapy services
- Occupational Therapy services
Families of Veterans
SBI provides the following support services.
- Brain injury awareness and education
- Respite care
- Family and group counseling
- Community resources referrals
- Crisis intervention
- Involvement in treatment plan
SBI has been helping brain injury survivors reach their highest level of independence through accessible services, family and caregiver support, and community awareness since 1989. We are the only non-profit agency in Northern California, and the greater San Francisco Bay Area, that specializes solely in brain injury rehabilitation.
PLEASE CONTACT KAREN STRASILLA, SBI OPERATIONS OFFICER,
AT 408-715-2205 OR E-MAIL KStrasilla@SBIcares.org.